In 2019 the regulations for the transport of dangerous goods by road will change. There is a six-month transitional period. Until 30.06.2019 the current regulations of ADR 2017 may continue to be used. The following changes have been made to the 2019 regulations:
- Twelve new UN numbers for dangerous goods in machinery and manufacturing
- Classification of mixed corrosive substances (similar to GHS/CLP)
- Packaging for damaged and defective lithium batteries
- Changes to special regulations and packing instructions for numerous UN numbers
- New general and special regulations on temperature control
- Changes in the exempt quantities per transport unit
Carriers and forwarding companies may rely on the information in the container, vehicle or packing certificate for a visual inspection of the cargo.